The information below is for 2019 and is only indicative of this academy program. The 2020 Academy Programs will be posted in Spring 2020, please check back at that time for specific date, applications and program details.
Criminal Justice and Society Academy
Study the legal, judicial, law enforcement, and corrections systems of the United States. Students earn CSU transferable college credits for course completion!
- Dates: 6 days (M,W,F): July 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19
- Times: 10am to 2pm
- Recommended for Grades: 11-12 (as of the 2018-19 school year)
- Location: Indian Valley Campus in Novato
- Cost: College of Marin tuition is FREE for grades 9-11, though a small amount may be required for fees ($20.50 for required Health and Transportation fees, with student signing a waiver for other fees). Just graduating seniors also must pay tuition.
- College Credits: Earns 1.5 college units
- Academies are for students who are in high school in Marin County; see recommended grade levels for each academy. This includes seniors who have just graduated.
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
- For accepted applicants, attendance at one of the orientations on May 30 or June 1 is required. In addition, a Parent Consent (CCP) Form and an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the orientation. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
- Questions? Call us at 415.457.8811 x8200 or email email@example.com.
About the Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply. For any academies including college credits, graduated high school students must pay regular College of Marin tuition as well as any applicable fees.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 10 if you have been accepted into the academies you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Thursday, May 30, 6-7:30pm
- Saturday, June 1, 10-11:30am