The information below is for 2019 and is only indicative of this academy program. The 2020 Academy Programs will be posted in Spring 2020, please check back at that time for specific date, applications and program details.
Get ready to learn all about cybersecurity! From technical side (how computers work and how cyber threats occur) to online safety and cyber ethics to career opportunities. This academy covers:
- Cybersecurity principles
- Cyber ethics
- Introduction to CyberPatriot and cybersecurity
- Online safety
- Computer basics and virtual machines
- Microsoft Windows security
- Windows file protection and monitoring
- Introduction to Linux and Ubuntu security policies
- Fundamental network connectivity and security
By the end of the week, you’ll learn to analyze and fix vulnerabilities on the provided Windows and Ubuntu competition images. You’ll also receive tips for competing in the CyberPatriot competition.
- Dates: 5 days: Monday, July 22 through Friday, July 26
- Times: 9am to 3pm
- Recommended for Grades: 9-12 (as of the 2018-19 school year)
- Location: Indian Valley Campus in Novato
- Cost: Free
- Academies are for students who are in high school in Marin County; see recommended grade levels for each academy. This includes seniors who have just graduated.
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
- For accepted applicants, attendance at one of the orientations on May 30 or June 1 is required. In addition, a Parent Consent (CCP) Form and an Intent to Participate Form will need to be completed and brought to the orientation. Supplemental forms for all academies will be emailed to students upon acceptance into the program.
- Questions? Call us at 415.457.8811 x8200 or email email@example.com.
About the Career Academies
- You may apply to (and be accepted to) more than one Career Academy.
- Cost: For all classes, TUITION IS WAIVED FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Other fees may apply. For any academies including college credits, graduated high school students must pay regular College of Marin tuition as well as any applicable fees.
- Location: Most classes are at College of Marin, Indian Valley Campus; see class descriptions for details.
- Program acceptance: You will be notified by email by Friday, May 10 if you have been accepted into the academies you have applied to.
- Orientation Requirement: You MUST be able to attend one of these mandatory orientations (if you are accepted into more than one Career Academy, you only need attend orientation once):
- Thursday, May 30, 6-7:30pm
- Saturday, June 1, 10-11:30am