Career Education offers industry certifications to help you get ready for your career and boost your skill to improve your prospects including Construction, Auto Technology and Electronic Instruments, Cybersecurity, Microsoft Office, EMT, and Real Estate.
Construction Skills Certificate Program
Canal Alliance in conjunction with College of Marin and Marin Builders Association offers a Construction Skills Certificate Program for the community wishing to enter the construction industry. The training is offered twice a year and lasts 12 weeks. Classes are during accessible times in the afternoons/evenings and on weekends. If you are interested in registering or receiving more information, please complete and submit the online form.
Auto Technology and Electronic Instruments
Earn 3 Certifications with one class: Multimeter, Automotive Scanner Diagnostics Certification, and Mechanical and Electronic Torque Instrument Certification in conjunction with Snap-On Tools:
- Take AUTO 139J – Electronic Instrument Certification – 3 units
- Certification Information:
- Multimeter Certification – Become a power user of digital multimeters. Learn how to perform the initial safety and reliability checks on your meter and effectively utilize 90% of all available features. Download Snap-on Multimeter pdf for more details
- Automotive Scanner Diagnostics Certification – Today’s vehicles require computerized diagnostics to identify problems correctly. Become adept at working with automotive scanner controls with troubleshooting techniques. Download Snap-on Scanner pdf for more details
- Mechanical and Electronic Torque Instrument Certification – Develop a thorough knowledge of torque theory and master the complexities of proper tightening of fasteners. Download Snap-on Torque pdf for more details
Computer Information Systems – Cyber Security
Cisco CompTIA A+ Certification
- Take CIS 120 IT Essentials (4 units, estimated cost: $210 in tuition and fees; $10 in books & supplies).
- Cisco Level 1 exam is available thru College of Marin.
- About this Certificate: Completing your CompTIA A+ certification is excellent for helpdesk and higher positions, including entry-level networking career opportunities.
View the Computer Information Systems Program Webpage for full details about the courses we offer and education options.
MS Office and Adobe Certification - Certiport Authorized Testing
College of Marin has been named as a Certiport Authorized Testing Center and will offer the globally-recognized certification exams for Adobe, Microsoft and other high-demand certifications to students in the Multimedia Studies and Computer Information Systems programs. College of Marin is currently the only Certiport Authorized Testing Center in Marin County, and as a private testing center it is available exclusively to College of Marin students and staff.
Offering the Certiport exams at no cost to enrolled students provides an added bonus to standard college credentials; Certiport exams normally cost $150 for the first attempt and $95 for any additional attempts.
Students interested in learning more about these and other professional certifications currently available at College of Marin should contact the Computer Information Systems Department at (415) 457-8811 x8200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
MS Office Specialist Certification
Students who successfully complete the coursework in an MS Office application will have the opportunity to take the corresponding MS Office Specialist certification exam for FREE. Students will also have the opportunity to take advantage of a free GMetrix subscription for 1 year. The GMetrix exam preparation is an interactive software application that allows students to prepare at their own pace for up to a year.
Microsoft Office Specialist Exam: Word
- CIS 102 Beginning Word - 1.5 units
- CIS 103 Intermediate Word - 1.5 units
Microsoft Office Specialist Exam: Access
- CIS 117 Introduction to MS Access Database Design - 1.5 units
- CIS 127 Intermediate MS Access Database Design - 1.5 units
- CIS 137 Advanced MS Access Database Design - 1.5 units
Microsoft Office Specialist Exam: Excel
- CIS 118 Introduction to MS Excel Spreadsheet Design - 1.5 units
- CIS 128 Intermediate MS Excel Spreadsheet Design - 1.5 units
Microsoft Office Specialist Exam: PowerPoint
- CIS 113 MS PowerPoint - 1.5 units
- Certiport Exams from Home information:
- Certiport Exams from Home training video:
For more information about Certiport or the certification exams, visit the Certiport Website.
Questions regarding College of Marin Certiport course offerings? Please contact Lance Barthelemy at email@example.com or call (415) 457-8811 x8200.
Emergency Medical Technician (Fire Technology)
College of Marin is a state-approved agency to provides Emergency Medical Services (EMS) training.
College of Marin prepares you to take the exam but does not administer the exam. The exam is administered by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians. To learn more about the NREMT exam, see www.nremt.org
College of Marin also offers continuing education (CE) courses for those who need to recertify.
See the Fire Technology Program Webpage for full details about the courses we offer and re-certification requirements.
College of Marin prepares you to take the California Real Estate exam, as administered by the California Bureau of Real Estate (CALBRE). College of Marin does not administer this exam; see the CALBRE website for full exam details.
The Real Estate courses are grouped around preparation for CALBRE licensing for salesperson or broker examination:
Each of the Skills Certificates will qualify you to take the Salesperson Exam (meet licensing educational requirements). All include REAL 115 Real Estate Practice and REAL 116 Real Estate Principles. You must also take a third class, and you can choose which one you take depending on your career interests. Other requirements apply; see the CALBRE page for a salesperson license.
The Certificate of Achievement and Associate Degree plus two additional courses (chosen from a list of options) will meet the educational requirements for the Real Estate Broker Exam (meet licensing educational requirements). For full details and to see all requirements; see the CALBRE page for the broker's license.
See the Real Estate Program Webpage for full details about the courses we offer and education options.